Revelation - Part 27
The Mother of All Evil l Revelation 16:17-17:18
“What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?” Jesus
“All compromise is based on give and take, but there can be no give and take on fundamentals. Any compromise on mere fundamentals is a surrender. For it is all give
and no take.” Mohandes Ghandi
FILL IN THE BLANK
Never _______________ the _______ of Your _________
Questions for the Heart
- Have you ever been in a hail storm? What were the largest hailstones you have ever experienced? Can you envision 100 pound hailstones? Do you believe the bowl prophecies to be factual or symbolic?
- Do you believe
is a city, an empire, or symbolic of the world? Why? Babylon
Questions for the Mind
- READ: 2 Kings -18; 24:1-20; 25:21; I*s ; Jer 51:29; Rev 14:8; ; 17:5; 18:2.
and Israel have a long history, starting in 2 Kings, and ending in Revelation 18. What has it been like? Good for Babylon ? Why might God have purposed to predict the fall of Israel as early as Isaiah’s prophecy? Why might he have waited until Revelation 17 to begin her destruction? Babylon
- READ: Dan 7:7-28; Rev 12:3; 13:1; 17:3-16. Are the beasts with 10 horns the same in all these references? Do the horns represent the same things in all the references? Is there any significance to the number of horns? What might that be?
- READ: Rev 17:1-18. What are the characteristics of the woman? What are the characteristics of the beast? Do you recognize these characteristics from previous scriptures? The passage clearly identifies the heads, the horns and the woman. Can you identify the beast? Why is he represented as “once was, now is not, and yet will come”?
- READ: Rev 7:9; ; 11:9; 13:7; 14:6; . Identify who is being spoken about in each of these references. Are they always the same people? Why? Or why not?
- Jn ; Rev 5:6, 12, 13; Is 41:8-10; Rom:; Is 45:4;
3:1-13. Who is the Lamb, and what is the relationship between the called, chosen, faithful followers? What is the role of the faithful followers? Why would that be important to you? How do you know if you are a faithful follower? Col
- Research the history and modern condition of
. How can it be possible that today`s Babylon could be the Babylon referred to in Ch 17 & 18? Is this all symbolic, or is it factual? Babylon
- Read some commentaries on these chapters, and discuss with your group