Revelation - Part 19
July 11-12, 2009 • The Great Kingdom Clash • Revelation 11:15-12:9
“Christians are called to finish the battle Jesus has started. We are living in a world at war...Jesus taught His disciples to pray in order to finish the work of extending His kingdom...Prayer is rooted in the present reality of God’s kingdom...While the winner of this great battle of the ages has been decided, the final score has yet to be determined.”
Ron Walborn, Giving Ourselves to Prayer
When _____________ Collide There is _________________ ___________
Questions for the Heart and Spirit
- Did the message that Lance brought two weeks ago penetrate.? “We have to chew on His Word for it to change us.” Are you chewing on His Word or are you just nibbling?
- What did it mean to you in chapter 10 vs 6 when it says there will be no more delay? What was your reaction? Do you really believe that life on earth as we know it will come to an end, and God will be the agent to bring it about?
- Are you separating events described in the book of Revelation into those occurring on earth and those occurring in Heaven? What does Rev 11:15 mean to you? Whose kingdom was it before? What does that mean to you today?
- How has the study of Revelation changed your perspective on the future thus far? Or has it?
- Does the idea of God bringing a Great Tribulation upon the earth create any thoughts in your mind? Share those thoughts.
- READ: Matt 4:8; 2 Pet 1:1-11; Rev 11:15 When Jesus was tempted by Satan, why would He not be interested in obtaining the kingdoms of the world? What constitutes the kingdom of our Lord in Rev 11 :15. What did you learn about your invitation into the Lords kingdom?
- READ: Rev 4:4; 4:10-11; 5:8-14; 11:16-18; 19:4
Questions for the Mind
What is the role of the twenty four elders, and how does their response change over the span of these Revelation references?
- READ: Gen 1:14; 9:12-13; Ex 3:12; 4:8-9; Ex 12:13;
In these and many other instances, God uses signs to send messages to people on earth. Do you think the signs of Rev 12:1 & 3, are seen by people on earth or confined to heaven? Why or why not? If the sin is confined to heaven, who is being communicated to? If it is to people on earth, what is the message?
- READ: Ps 2:7-9; Rev 2:26-27; 12:5-6; 19:13-16; Acts 1:7-9
What clues are contained in Rev 12:5 that seem to reveal the identity of the child? Who is the woman? Why would she only be protected for 1260 days?
- Lance reads multiple commentaries for his sermon preparation, but do you ever read them yourself? Read at least two commentaries on Chapters 11 and twelve to see the authors interpretation. Do you agree with them? Why or why not?
- Pray for personal insight into the text, and that God would reveal to you His desired response.